Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tour of Anchorage

What an amazing Labor Day weekend we had!  My husband and I were excited to stay home since this long weekend was book-ended by two out of town race weekend.  The weather was beautiful, the weekend was free of any major responsibilities, it was wonderful!
View from the rear




Hills ahead!





We decided to celebrate this wonderful weekend by going on a bike trip we had talked about all summer long.  We wanted to bike an entire loop around Anchorage, we started from our house and made a detour to Village Inn, the best breakfast stop, and then hit up Campbell creek trail to Kincaid where we hit some killer hills. We then got a great view of the mountains and cruised our way down to the coastal trail.  From there we connected through West Chester and saw all the other weekend warriors before jumping on Chester and biking our way back home.
Point Wornzof
Kincaid

Kincaid
 
The entire trip was 30 miles with a few hills and tons of amazing views. It's days like this when I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone doesn't live in Alaska. Don't get me wrong there are too many people up here already so I'm glad not everyone knows our secret!  We had so much fun we are thinking of making this a bit of an annual tradition!


Breakfast time
 
Next up tri the kenai on September 7th!  Wish me luck for my first face in the water crawl stroke swim and first hilly race in clip in bike shoes!  Nope I'm not nervous at all :)

action shot
 
home sweet home
 


No comments:

Post a Comment