Monday, December 8, 2014

30 Day Challenge Update

Good Morning,

I am on day 14 of my 30 day challenge, almost half way through so I thought I would do an update as to my progress.  I completed 12 days of the Shred DVD level 1 before I was pretty bored and decided to move to the next level.  I wasn't sure when to make this jump as I was not "perfect" at level one, but now seeing level two I understand that the idea is not to be perfect at any of the levels before I move on, or I would never move on!  Having said that, level 2 is a real ass kicker!  I did it yesterday and this morning and I am one hurting lady!

Yesterdays stats, no actual exercise just a busy day
So half way into this process, I haven't lost 10lbs yet (the claim is you will lose 20lbs in 30 days), but I do feel stronger and that is what I was looking for.  I am never going to be a waif, nor would I want to be.  I feel best when I feel strong and with this extra bit of weight I am carrying I have been missing that feeling of strength. 

Last week I was at 110k, but now my husband is beating me!
The other half of my challenge is to get 12k steps each day.  This has been the easier side of the challenge in that it is more enjoyable but does take up more time.  However I love to walk so I dont mind spending an hour on the treadmill walking and watching TV.  I am really proud that I have kept this up for 14 days when I looked back at my daily steps for the past few month and saw how low they had gotten!  This challenge is just what I needed to pick me up and get me going!  I have had a few days in a row where due to illness or forgetting my fitbit, I went into the evening with 2k steps so I basically spent my entire evening on the treadmill, but I got it done!  The only downside I have seen to the new fitbit charge is that it is not waterproof so none of my swimming counts :( 

Some Scandal with my walk/run
I also mentioned I had two other sideline goals and those were to track my food every day at least in my journal and 5 days a week in my Spark People.  I also wanted to drink at least 64oz of water a day.  I have not been highly successful at these goals, but I am thinking that now that I am in a groove with the exercise maybe this is the time to spark the food motivation!  So mini goal time, for the next 5 days I will track my food and drink my water!  I proclaim it aloud so it shall be!

Any one else like to do personal challenges?



No comments:

Post a Comment