Monday, December 1, 2014

30 Day Challenge

Last week I decided I wanted to jump start my fitness and motivation so I came up with a 30 day challenge, well two of them actually that will end on Christmas Eve.  Last week was not an awesome day to start a challenge as I am fighting a cold, but I am way too obsessed with symmetry to have a 29 or 27 day challenge.  So I decided on two main 30 day challenge goals and then I have two other side goals going as well.  Why not go for it, eh?

So my first goal is to complete the Julian Michael's 30 day Shred DVD.  In the past I have had serious issues with this as its not highly sustainable but since i just want a jump start and want to go into the new year (and Mexico) feeling strong I decided to go for it.  I have been in an ongoing debate with myself about strength training, so I thought this may help me get started.  I actually really like how I feel when I strength train and I think my body type is much more suited to strength training rather than running!  I naturally carry more muscle mass than I think most women do, Ive always been good at weight training, so why not use that to my advantage and build back some muscle!

My second goal is to reach my 12,000 step goal every day for the next 30 days.  I just got the new fit bit and now that I have a treadmill in the house this goal shouldn't be extremely hard to reach.  Before I got the treadmill for my birthday this year I used to walk circles in our house to finish up my steps for the day!

I also have two other unofficial challenges to myself but I haven't really gotten started on them yet, one is to drink at least 64 oz of water a day and the other is the track my food in my journal or my food counter on my phone.  My main focus is getting strong and being really active but I know if I want to change my body composition I need to look at my food!

Christmas Countdown!
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment