Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Nice Rainy 10


Sunday was my long run for the week.  I was going to be at a triathlon that day, but due to a local forest fire, the tri had to be moved back.  So my training schedule got off a bit, but in the end all it meant is that I ran 10 miles two weeks in a row.  Not a bad situation as I have found I actually really like 10 mile long runs.  They are long enough to feel bada** but not long enough to be super crazy.  I have full rights to run slow, stop when I want and make my husband come pick me up at the end - I hate out and back runs! 

This last weekend I was about to walk out the door when I realized it was pouring rain so I had to go for a quick outfit change which ended up with me looking like I swallowed a highlighter, according to my husband.  Not the most attractive photo but this was my getup.

Ready to run!
 It may have been a bit intense, but what can you do?  So out I went into the rain, not many people to see anyways.  I ran to a set of trails that I am not entirely accustomed to and inevitably got really turned around.  I ended up doing some fun loops before I found my way to the 2nd trail I wanted to be on.  You can see my route below, hint - it was not supposed to have any loops.  Whoops!  While I do need to spend more time on actual dirt trails I did not intend to put in so much time on them in the rain in my road shoes.  Oh well, Ill figure it out at some point!

Loopy Run



After I found my way back to the main trail I had to make a call to my husband to tell him I was not going to make it to the original pick up location as I was on mile 4 and was still relatively close to our house.  Overall I had such a blast on my run.  It was nice and slow just the way I like it!  I even broke out into song at one point, many I love long slow runs!  After the run my husband picked me up and we went out for burgers for dinner, always a good follow up to a killer run!  Next weekend is 12 and I'm looking forward to it!


Trying to take a pic of my bright pants for my mom





No comments:

Post a Comment