Friday, March 20, 2015

Scary Declarations

I am excited to have put my goal post up and and be making positive goals and declarations about my life.  Its really scary to put these in writing but I think its good to set goals and see where you go.  Failure is not an F-word, well it is, but not a bad one!

After posting my Big 3-0 goal post I thought more about what I wanted to do and my goals.  One thing I didn't post and maybe I should explain is that I have a couple larger long term goals that have been in my head for a while and I am starting to feel time pressure on them.

So in the spirit of laying it all out there.  You may have seen in past posts that a previous goal of mine was to run a marathon the day before I turn 30.  I had this whole plan to lose the 15 love pounds I gained after our wedding to make it easier on my body and run that race in homage to the end of my 20s. 

Then my husband started doing triathlons with me and I mentioned to him that some day (far in the future) I wanted to do a 70.3 Ironman.  I meant someday like when I actually do it I could die happy, way in the future.  He took that to mean next year.  He's very literal.  So I stated to think maybe this could happen. 

Time to get racing!
So another thing I should add is that my husband and I have summers off (ironmans require summer training and travel) and we had planned a big international trip to Africa or Russia and we wanted to do all of this including the race in the next two summers because as of July 2016 we are in baby making mode.

Aww are we such a cute race couple!
Okay again if you haven't caught on that I am a crazy planner, time to get on that boat.

SO after lots of swapping we decide Ironman 70.3 in summer of 2015 and Africa/baby making in summer of 2016.  This all coincided with a trip to race and see family for a reunion.  No we do not do things small.  Then our tri coach broke the news to us that we were nuts and while we were both capable of the distance we really needed some more open water experience and more Olympic distance race experience to make the ironman more enjoyable.

After this revelation it was winter and I started burning out so the marathon never came back around until now...

Now its March and I am thinking boy do I want to do a race.  But instead of spending the last 6 months trimming down to race weight I have gained about 15lbs - well done Kayse.
No possible way this contributed to my extra pounds...

So last night I decided I am going all in.  While I am not doing the marathon the day before I turn 30, I am going to try to lose all this weight I gained, a whopping 30lbs if you counted, run the half marathon the day before I turn 30 and then run a full either in August or back up plan in November down in Seattle. 

I will admit I love the symmetry, I turn 30 in three months and want to lose 30 lbs.  It feels meant to be!  Yes I am a person who can start a training journal mid week or tracking food mid day, or anything else that's not perfectly aligned, why do you ask?
See you at the finish line!
Long term plan (my family thinks I'm insane for my plans but I love them) is to do 1-2 olympic tris this year, get out in the one lake we have that you can swim in, and then do a 70.3 next May/June with my husband before heading to Africa to make babies. 

Writing it down seems insane but honestly I feel sometimes like I am waiting for life to start and right now (and always) I have an opportunity to take my life by the horns and do some fucking amazing stuff.  Or I could sit on the couch watching netflix and tear up over other people's race reports.

Push to the finish
Umm I choose option A!!!  Please don't tell me I'm insane (unless its in a good way) and cheer me on even if you think I may fail. And if I do, then cheer me on as I find Plan B.

Regardless of what happens I am all in - I'm doing this!

Excuse me while I go throw up...




3 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! It all starts with a goal... then constructing a PLAN to get there. I think you've got the planning thing down.. there is no way you can fail!! Failure would be never trying in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your planning! I am an obsessive planner and already have ideas for things next year and the year after :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I love that Maddie! Failure would be not trying or falling down and not getting back up! I am going for it!!!

    ReplyDelete