Tuesday, March 24, 2015

First Update on the Big 3-0 Plan

Good Morning,

This is my first update on my Big 3-0 Plan.  While I have only been working on my new plan for a few days I wanted to get in the habit of making weekly updates to see my progress along the way.

To lay it out so far the first few days were a bit rough as I was still sick and wondering if I should be making the large declarations I was making, but then with the support of some awesome folks I just decided to stop thinking and start doing.  So for today is day 4 of me kicking some booty!


Goal #1 - Improve Overall Physical Health
I made a one notable change to my steps under my physical health goal.  As much as I don't want to count calories my entire life (I was seriously scarred by Weight Watchers and tracking points all for a number on a scale that I didn't feel accurately represented my health) I did switch back to using My Fitness Pal to track my food instead of writing in in my journal.  The swap was two-fold, one I am more consistent when I use my phone to track things, lets be honest it is ALWAYS with me.  And two, while I hate the idea of diets, I am trying to lose some weight and while I'm not doing anything nutty that I wont maintain forever, I do need to find a good way to reign in my eating and focus it on healthy good foods and I think this will help.
Breakfast on My Fitness Pal

So like I said I am 4 days into tracking all of my food, and while I have definitely tracked a cupcakes and bacon I haven't had any big binges and have stayed mostly in my calorie range.  I am starting the habit of tracking and then Ill work to fine-tune the nutrients. 

This week I also set myself up for success by making an exercise plan and prepping my fridge with yummy healthy foods.  Today for lunch I am having sweet potato, broccoli and cauliflower, its so delicious!  I also tried a new lemon lentil soup that was so warm and yummy.
Prepped and Ready!

Lastly I also followed my plans and got some good cross fit and running in over the past few days.  It has been sunny which has made getting outside and getting my steps a lot easier!
Tracking my exercise

Goal #2 - Increase Positivity and Confidence
For my mental health goals I have been good about journaling daily but haven't started any mediation or affirmations just yet - coming soon!
I believe in Me!

Goal #3 - Increase Connections to Fun People and Groups
No real progress on my outlined steps in this area yet but I did attend a community event, and ask a friend to hangout this weekend but it fell through due to a sick kid.  More progress soon!

So as you can see I am getting the wheels turning and am really excited about the possibility of seeing some real change in these areas!  Keep thinking good thoughts for me and Ill keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment