Sunday, March 8, 2015

Planning to Plan to Plan...


I always have a plan, do they work out?  Not always, but in the past probably more did workout than didn't.  I don't believe that is because of anything more than the fact I am pigheaded and stubborn.  Now days my plans work out less and I am working on being okay with that.  My life has not ended up where I thought it would and that is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Anyways I'll stop from getting too philosophical about life and say that I am in a moment of planning.  This planning may deviate from my big plan but I think this detour will in the end make the big plan better. 

Planning to eat healthy
Do you all have big plans?  Am I just nuts?  I feel like probably not everybody knows when they want to have a dog, kids, job change, big dream race, etc.

Never mind don't answer that, I prefer ignorance over the realization that I am truly nuts.

Back to the plan.  I haven't been able to say it aloud but we are all friends right?  Or at least if we are not than maybe we are nothing but internet air and my mind and that would be okay as well.

I am planning to commit the next 6 - 9 months to health.  You may ask how this is different from anything else.  Hear me, I did not say running or training or racing, I said health.  I am feeling unhealthy and I dont like it.  I am feeling physically uncomfortable which is impacting my mental well being.  I also think this will get in the way of my larger goals over the next few years (Ironman,kids etc.).

Planning to stay active!
Most people probably think my training and racing fit well into a plan of overall wellness but for some reason for me they do not.  I am still open to the option of racing but it will not be my number one training goal.  My exercise will be focused on strength and losing body weight and then with any extra time I will continue to bike and run at much lesser amounts.

Typical race planning
I think overall improved strength and less weight will be just as beneficial to my training as running more frequently.  If not its one year of missed races in exchange for many years of overall health, wellness and increased performance in future races.
Introduce WODs

How does that sound?  Sounds pretty good to me.  Wish me luck and I will keep you updated on my progress on the "Plan"

4 comments:

  1. I just made a similar post on my blog! I wish I had the patience for meal prep... looks like a lot of work but worth it!

    www.dixieruns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think writing it down is key! Maybe I'm just super visual or a 5 year old at heart but a big calendar with stickers does me wonders when it comes to achieving goals!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog when I googled Her Tern Reviews! I actually did the Tri the Kenai with you last year and cannot wait to do my second Gold Nugget in May. I feel you on the winter blues- being born and raised here in AK the winters do not get easier but setting goals sure helps me get moving. Meal prep Sundays is my bag lately and it is nice to have another decision checked off before the busy work week starts. Good luck on all your races and maybe I will see you at one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan, Kenai is still one of my favorites! I think I am going to try the Olympic distance for the first time this year, I'm nervous! Let me know if you have any questions on Her Tern, I had an interesting experience and would make some recommendations for people based on how fast you are!

    ReplyDelete