Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Still Here...

Hello,

I know it has been a while since I last posted something.  I started a few blog posts but didn't follow through.  Maybe I'll do a couple wrap ups of the last two months, but right now I want to talk about what I am currently up to and 'Ill get to the past events later on....

Okay so I'll start with the honest truth, January sucked.  While I love fresh starts as much as I love blank planners and new notebooks, I seem to get in a funk every year at this time.  Last year I really thought it was just the post wedding resettling of life but this year its the same.  It didn't help that I came home from my vacation to find out one of my staff had died.   Long sad story short not only did we lose a friend and coworker who was with our company for 25 years, I also became solely responsible for a job I didn't know very well which included large financial implications for our already very tight federal grant budget.  So for the last two months I have put in insane hours, forgone workouts all while trying to work through my normal slump month.  Folks its been rough.

Naps with your nephew are required
But in the realm of moving on, I am pushing forward and focusing on what I need to do to be happy and healthy.  My usual response to issues like above is to make a plan.  I love plans and lists, they focus me and help push me through the fog.  My plan right now has multiple facets including both physical and mental health.  I am a believer of using visual ques so I often use a calendar and stickers to see my progress on training plans, this time I also have reminders set in my phone to help me with my progress as well as a journal to chart and document my course. 

Physically my goals have not changed, I feel best when I put whole clean foods in my body when I am actually hungry (ie no eating cookies cause your sad) and moving my body frequently through out the day as well as using it to lift heavy things :)  Eat clean, move your legs, lift...repeat.  While I do have weight loss goals I do not want to spend my life analyzing the calories in a food product.  I want to build healthy habits and eat the fresh foods that my body craves. 
Healthy food prepped and ready

I slapped my fit bit back on my wrist yesterday to help me get my legs moving and see how my desk job affects my health.  I also started going to a weight lifting class to build muscles and begin to remember what it is like to feel strong.


It may not be vitamin D I'm getting, but definitely some fresh (brisk) air!
All of this fun coupled with some vitamin D, lots of water and positive self talk will hopefully even out some of my recent ups and downs and help me to feel calmer and more like myself. 

I chose what I do with my body
I chose to be my truest self

Relaxing is good, stop feeling guilty about it!
I suppose its always a journey and I would like to think I have learned from each bump in the road, I guess I will only see the growth when I get up again.




No comments:

Post a Comment