Monday, December 15, 2014

Step Challenge & Christmas Cookie Extravaganza!

Good Morning,

10 more days to Christmas if anyone is counting :)  I am not really counting the days until Christmas this year because I just love the season so much I dont want it to be over!  I am however counting the days until Christmas Eve (9 days) because that is when I finish my challenge!  I am so proud of my progress right now, I have been killing it!

Yay!
This morning even though my fitbit said I slept a ridiculously small number of hours I got up and had my quality time with Jillian.  My husband laughed the other day when he walked by and heard her say "I want you to feel like your going to die"  She's such a sweetie :)  I think tomorrow I will switch to level 3, so I'll be ready for a new burn!  Otherwise progress is still going well with the exception that my extremities are so tired I am not running or swimming very fast right now.  I ran 3 painfully slow miles at the Pub run on Tuesday and added .45 seconds to my timed swim on Wednesday.  Bummer :(  But I am so proud of myself for sticking through this, Ill have to post my sticker chart that I use to motivate myself for my Challenge Wrap up blog.

In addition to Jillian I also have my step challenge which has been going well, lots of quality time on the treadmill which led me to say yes to an additional weekend fit bit challenge that my friend invited me to.  Oh my goodness I dont think I should do those in the future.  If your not a fit bit person let me explain, fit bit allows users to invite their friends to these small challenges, they can be workweek, weekend, one day challenges etc.  So my friend invited me and since I have been leading my step leaderboard lately I confidently said yes.  Saturday was good, I ran and skated and then was just super active as per normal Saturdays so I got over 20k steps.  Then I realized Saturday night that my friend was also at 20k steps and the next morning she got all of her step goal before 8am.  What the heck?  By now I felt too committed to bag out so away I went walking and running around like a crazy person until I had what I hoped was a sizable lead.  My husband laughed at me as I ran in circles around our house while my cookies baked.  Am I competitive?  Nah!  It wont declare the winner until 12pm today but I am fairly certain I blistered my way to a weekend victory.  Next time I swear I will say no.
Weekend Warrior Challenge
I did it!

On the sugar front I baked about 12 batches of cookies to deliver to our friends and family this weekend.  One of our favorite Christmas traditions is going door to door with cookies and seeing the look of surprise and delight on peoples faces as we drop off sugared goodness.  Its a really good way to get in the holiday spirit! I think I still have a few more batches to go, but majority of the hard work is done!
Yum!








No comments:

Post a Comment