Friday, April 17, 2015

The Important Things in Life

Hello,

I had intended to write this post about my progress on my goals but all I really want to tell you about my goals is that I am making progress and feeling good.  Am I hitting every mark? No.  Will I make my super strict weight goal before I turn 30?  Probably not, I didn't leave any room for error.  Is this important? Kinda.  But in the long run will it matter if I weigh 10 pounds less than I do now?  Not really. 

Why all the questions?  I have had one of those weeks that puts life in perspective a bit.  Without going into too much detail in a span of a week I found out a 2 year old relative was feeling a bit sick over Easter weekend and when his mom took him to the doctor on the following Monday they were told to go straight to the hospital because he has Leukemia.  Now their life and the lives of their other three kids has been turned upside down by transfusions, hospital stays and chemo.

The next Monday I signed onto Facebook to learn a friend from High School was driving with her husband and 8 month old baby when a large piece of concrete fell on their truck and killed them all instantly.

Life is so precious and can change in a moment.  I know that one moment I could be obsessing about how much my life would be better if I just lost 30lbs and then the next moment I could be wishing to be back in a space when my biggest issue was a jean size. 

I want to be the best me I can be, but I don't want to waste time fretting over things that are so insignificant in the long run.  I know I am very lucky that some extra weight is honestly the biggest issue in my life.  I am fairly certain that means my life is pretty smooth and I am extremely grateful for that.  I stress out over if I will be last at a race when I should be happy that I am able to participate in these events.

I will always continue to live the best life that I can live and love as much, and as hard as I am able, but I will also take time to enjoy the present and give myself a break once in a while.  In the end all my anxieties probably wont matter and I dont want to look back and wish I was nicer to myself and enjoyed life more.

Thank you for stopping by :)

Loving life

No comments:

Post a Comment