Friday, April 10, 2015

Week 2 Update

Hello,

Week two is complete on my plan and I am definitely starting slow but I would rather start slow and ramp up then start fast and fizzle out. So here is to consistency!

I didn't weigh myself this week because I started to obsess a bit and I am a firm believer that numbers are not everything.  But I have been running more and thinking about race plans this week.  I got a great workout at CrossFit this week so exercise has been ramping up a bit.

Anyone up for a slow fun run while listening to This American Life?
Food on the other hand has been tough.  Does anyone else have a hard time keeping themselves focused when their life seems unfocused?  My work is still a bit nutty and while I love it and want to be amazing at it, I still need to have my own  life!

I did make a bit decision this week which may seem a bit counter productive but stay with me, I quit my running team.  For two seasons now I have been running with a women's running team which I was actually a board member for last year.  But this year I decided that I was going to separate myself from the team.  Last year the team got quite a bit smaller due to some other local running options opening up and it seemed like the folks that remained were all fast.  Every time I went to practice they would try to pair us up to run together but nobody would be my speed so I would just feel awful about holding people back, or they would write paces on the board and mine wouldn't be listed.  I know I am a slower runner but the team was supposed to be open to all.  I just got tired of feeling bad about myself every week.  I had to avoid a handful of practices which were off the track because I couldn't run with everyone else so I just got left behind.  I cried at several practices last year, and this year I decided I don't need that.  I am never going to be a super fast runner, I honestly don't care enough, I actually just like to run and I don't want to start feeling bad every time I go out for a 36 minute 3 mile run!

Also I get to run in beautiful places, check this out :)

Running on Turnagain Arm

I love this trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment